Liquidation of the legal entity in the Republic of Armenia
The procedure for the liquidation of the legal entity:
One of the most popular legal services in Yerevan and throughout the Republic of Armenia is the liquidation of the legal entity. We will try to convey in a concise and accessible way the features of liquidation of legal entity. Liquidation of a legal entity in the Republic of Armenia may be formal, or informal. Informal liquidation involves changing the director, or the reorganization of a legal entity. Liquidation of a legal entity does not imply a succession of rights and obligations by other persons. Formal liquidation is voluntary and/or compulsory.
Compulsory liquidation of the legal entity in the Republic of Armenia is enforced only by a court order, for example when the legal entity is caught carrying out activities without a license, if a license is required under the laws of the Republic of Armenia, is caught carrying out activities which are prohibited by law, or in violation of the RA law, or violation other legal Acts and so on.
Voluntary liquidation of the legal entity is enforced by the decision of the company. Usually, voluntary liquidation is related to the problems of economic activity of the company and/or problems with tax authorities. Voluntary liquidation of the legal entity is carried out as follows.
The general meeting of members and/or shareholders:
- Adopts decision(s) on the liquidation of the legal entity;
- Appoint a liquidation commission to determine the procedure and terms of liquidation, as well as, informs the media;
- Informs the authorized registration authority of the decision; the body carrying out state registration makes a note that this entity is in the process of liquidation, as well as, notes this information in the certificate of registration of the legal entity;
- Delegates the management to the liquidation committee.
The liquidation committee is required to:
- Publish the announcement of liquidation of the company in the media, with an indication of their location and the period for claims by creditors;
- Notify all creditors about the liquidation of the legal entity;
- Apply to the tax authorities with the deregistration request and ask the authorities to check the liquidated legal entity;
- To take a decision on approval of the interim liquidation balance sheet and the closing of all bank accounts of a legal entity;
- On the basis of this decision, to notify the registration authority on the completion of all procedures related to the liquidation of the legal entity;
- Notify the registration authority of the completion of all work on the liquidation and submit an application for state registration of liquidation, the liquidation balance sheet and the receipt of payment of State fees.
Authorized registration authority on the basis of the documents on the elimination writes up and produces the corresponding statement, which certifies the final liquidation of the legal entity.
There are also alternative, informal methods of liquidation of the legal entity. The easiest way of informal liquidation of the legal entity is a change of director(s), or parent company. In this case, all reporting responsibilities are formally transferred to the new head from the date of notification of the decision about the change of director to the appropriate authority. The procedure for changing the head and founder of the company will take ten to fourteen working days after which one will get all the necessary documents, such as the decision on re-election of the director, the contract of assignment of share(s), an excerpt from the register of legal entities and act of acceptance and transfer documents of the enterprise.
We at ‘Vardan Khechyan LLC’ have a lot of experience associated with the liquidation of companies in Yerevan and the rest of the RA, our legal experts will help to liquidate your company quickly and without extra costs.